TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions will be updated from time to time without notice.
- We are affiliated to JKA WF Australia and are by that also governed by their rules and regulations.
- These terms and conditions can change at any time in which case an email communication will go out to all members.
- Only students from Varsity College can join the after school class.
- Because the after school classes are part of the school's after-hours program, only students in prep - year six are allowed.
- Although we are a Traditional Karate School, because this is an after school program, our classes for the after school program will only be available on school-going days, which means that our classes will run during the school term only.
- There will not be any classes on Public Holidays.
- Membership is for one school term only. At the end of each school term, every student must renew their membership.
- Class days and times can change from each school term.
- The membership fee is for one class per week only; however, we allow students to attend on all days we make available for that school term.
- 'So if you register you get your one day for the week, maybe we offer four days (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu) that term. You will be able to attend all four of the days.'
Money Back Guarantee
- The 14 days does not start when payment is made but rather on the day the first available class falls.
- To cancel your membership and get a full refund you must send an email or text indicating your intention on or before the 14th-day deadline.
- We will not hand out or make available any membership inclusions like the Free Karate uniform indicated on our website or any special offer before the 14-day trial runs out. To receive any of the inclusions, for example, the Free Karate uniform before the money-back guarantee period expires, you can email or text us to indicate that you wave the 14-day guarantee.
- If you use a FairPlay voucher, the fee will not be refundable. Only the out of pocket portion will be refunded.
- Varsity Karate will follow the guidance and guidelines set out by Queensland government for indoor sports like karate and Varsity College.
- Before signing students up we will communicate with parents and caregivers the process that we’ve put in place for Covid-19 so that they can make an informed decision on what will happen in class during this time.
- Parents will be kept up to date on the drills that we perform in class as we change them.
- No parents or siblings will be allowed in the building. Parents will drop off and pick up students from the small car park down the stairs at the end of the building on the school hall side.
- Before class
- Students will be made aware that social distancing should still be practiced same as during school hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use before and after class.
- During class.
- Student attendance will be done. As we were already doing this and keeping records with the relevant information required this is not new to students and parents.
- Students will be doing most of their drills from markers that we stick to the floor. Students are used to this as this is the way we’ve always done it.
- The guidelines state that on the field of play social distancing does not apply, but we will keep the close contact drills to a minimum.
- Equipment to be used will also be cleaned before and after each session.
- After class
- Students will be reminded of social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- All parents and students are to make themselves familiar with all rules and guidelines pertaining to Karate and indoor sport.
- Links to information:
This section will be updated as new guidelines become available. Please check back regularly to stay up to date.
© 2019, Varsity Karate